West Vancouver Arena Protocols
- Access to the arena is only through the front doors (the south side of the building);
- Youth sport participants (21 years and under) will not be required to show proof of vaccination.
- All volunteer coaches, team personnel, officials, parents, and any spectator aged 12 and up wishing to enter the arena will be required to show proof of vaccination;
- There is no limit on spectators at this time;
- Masks are mandatory for all entrants (including players) inside the building. Players may remove their masks only when putting on their helmets, and the helmets must be worn until the players return to their respective changing spots, at which time the masks must be worn again. Coaches must wear masks when not on the ice;
- Dressing rooms are available for changing for both teams;
- Players will be given access to a dressing room 30 minutes prior to and after each ice time;
- One parent may enter the dressing room in order to tie up skates, but must vacate the dressing room immediately after the skates are tied. No additional people are permitted in the dressing rooms other than team officials;
- Common pandemic behavior, aside from the differences noted above, is still expected of all entrants, including no sharing of bottles, no spraying of water anywhere, maintaining distancing until on the ice, no blowing or yelling in close proximity to anyone else, etc.
- If you have any questions about please contact the Association.
The safety of all our participants and their families is our top priority and key to the planning and execution of our operations plan. Our aim is to reduce risk and permit our children to play the game they love.
We are working with the District of West Vancouver and other agencies to ensure that we have effective and sensible protocols in place and are in compliance with all regulatory requirements and public health guidance.
We are pleased that there is a return to game play and this plan outlines protocols that are required. The plan is scalable, and we must be prepared to follow different programming scenarios should they be required.
If you choose to participate, you must follow these rules:
- If you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home.
- If you have traveled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at the facility until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- Wash your hands before participating.
- Come dressed, bring your own equipment and water bottle.
- Comply with physical distancing measures at all time.
- Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, etc.
- Leave the arena as quickly as possible after you finish.
We are doing our best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, but while the virus circulates in our communities it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk. Each family must make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to resume participation at this time. You must take into account your own circumstances and make the decision that is right for you. Should you choose to join us, we require your full cooperation with our protocols and policies.
Communications and Safety Officer
Our Risk Manager is Mark Baron and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-318-0753