Hockey Lessons for Kids with Autism
West Vancouver Minor Hockey is committed to reducing barriers to hockey. Our Hockey for Autism program is intended to introduce the wonderful game of hockey to kids living with Autism. The program's goal is to teach the basic skills required to play hockey with an eye to eventually integrating the kids into a regular hockey stream. We believe this program will be rewarding for all its participants, including our U18 volunteer on-ice assistants.
This is an introductory program and all levels of skill and experience are welcome.
The program is now at full capacity. We are working with our facility to see if we can accommodate a few more children. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be placed on a waiting list. Thank you.
- For boys and girls aged 5-13
- Professional coaching with trained volunteer assistants
- Minimum 1:2 ratio of coaches to players
- 10 week program
- All ice times at the West Vancouver Arena
- $350 registration fee includes FREE HOCKEY EQUIPMENT
- Registration closes March 1, 2021
Included hockey equipment
The equipment program is facilitated by our supplier Larry's Sports. The included gear is illustrated below. It does not include a neck guard and protective undergarments (jock or jill). Once registered, you will be notified of a date and time to visit Larry's Sports to be outfitted with hockey gear.
Not included but required equipment
Arena Safety Protocols
- Players must arrive at the arena dressed for hockey (except for skates and helmets)
- Face-masks are mandatory for everyone in the arena except for on the ice surface
- Players must bring their own water bottles
- Social distancing will be enforced
- No spectators are permitted (except for caregivers if required)