We are doing our best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, but while the virus circulates in our communities it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk. Each family must make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to resume participation at this time. You must take into account your own circumstances and make the decision that is right for you. Should you choose to join us, we require your full cooperation with our protocols and policies.
Team Ingress Procedures
- Players must arrive dressed for hockey and shall enter the building from the west doors (along 22nd Street);
- Players may only enter the arena when a home team safety person is available to check them in 15 minutes prior to their ice time;
- On entry to the arena, players and visitors must have their temperature taken and sanitize hands;
- Players will be directed to a designated dressing room;
- A maximum of 22 visiting team members (players, coaches, HCSP and manager) are permitted for games;
- For age groups where parents need to assist players with skates, one parent may accompany a player while maintaining physical distancing from other parents and players. Once skates are tied, the parent must immediately exit the arena unless they are permitted to remain by the Safety Person.
- Access to the rink is only permitted once the previous ice users have completely exited the ice surface and dressing room hallway and players are led to the home team bench by a coach.
- Everyone must wear masks at all times, including in the dressing room or in any other space where they cannot maintain 2m (6ft) physical distance;
- The ice, player benches and penalty boxes are considered to be the “field of play” and are exempt from physical distancing/facemask requirements.
- On completion of their allocated ice time, players must exit the arena via the door at the north end of the dressing room hallway.
- All patrons must exit the arena within 15 minutes of the conclusion of their ice time.
- Physical distancing must always be maintained.
- One dressing room is open for game use only and will be open 15 minutes before game time and for 15 minutes after game time. No access to showers, sinks and washroom facilities in dressing rooms.
Arena Ingress/Egress Map
West Vancouver Arena West Entrance
Communications and Safety Officer
Our Risk Manager is Mark Baron and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-318-0753