The safety of all our participants and their families is our top priority and key to the planning and execution of our operations plan. Our aim is to reduce risk and permit our children to play the game they love.
We are working with the District of West Vancouver and other agencies to ensure that we have effective and sensible protocols in place and are in compliance with all regulatory requirements and public health guidance.
We are pleased that there is a return to game play and this plan outlines the new protocols that are required. The plan is scalable, and we must be prepared to follow different programming scenarios should they be required.
If you choose to participate, you must follow these rules:
- If you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home.
- If you have traveled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at the facility until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- Wash your hands before participating.
- Come dressed, bring your own equipment and water bottle.
- Comply with physical distancing measures at all time.
- Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, etc.
- Leave the arena as quickly as possible after you finish.
We are doing our best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, but while the virus circulates in our communities it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk. Each family must make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to resume participation at this time. You must take into account your own circumstances and make the decision that is right for you. Should you choose to join us, we require your full cooperation with our protocols and policies.
Arena Access Map
- A sign-in process and COVID-19 screening will take place on entry to the building;
- Players will arrive dressed but will be able to put on/take off skates, helmets and shoulder pads at the arena;
- Visiting teams will be given access to a dressing room 15 minutes prior to and after a game;
- Visiting teams must enter the facility via the west doors (on 22nd Street) and exit the facility via the door at the north end of the dressing room hallway;
- Home teams will be given access to the arena 15 minutes prior to game time;
- Home teams must enter the facility via the main entrance and exit the facility via the doors nearest to the side of the lobby and bleachers that they use to tie and untie skates.
- The lobby will be divided into two sides with clearly marked pathways to facilitate cleaning and traffic flow;
- Everyone must wear facemasks in the arena except for when on the ice/benches.
- By order of the public health authority, parents are not permitted in the arena during games.
- A maximum of 21 home team members (players and coaches) are permitted for games;
- A maximum of 22 visiting team members (players, coaches, HCSP and manager) are permitted for games;
- 5 volunteers are permitted for the home team (1 HCSP, 2 cleaners/ushers, 1 timekeeper, and 1 scorekeeper). The team manager should perform one of these volunteer roles;
- Game officials will enter the arena via the west doors (on 22nd Street) and exit the facility via the door at the north end of the dressing room hallway. Game officials will be given access to dressing room 3;
- Maximum arena capacity cannot exceed 50.
Communications and Safety Officer
Our Risk Manager is Mark Baron and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-318-0753